07 Mar Gardening chores for March
What to focus on, as your gardening chores for March:
2. It’s the time of the year to plant the early potatoes, onions and shallots.
3. Make sure you get your Summer flower bulbs planted to ensure a Summer garden that is full of colour.
4. Those clumps of perennials that are getting out of hand need lifting and dividing now.
6. If you are a big fan of container gardening, they could benefit from having a good top dressing with some fresh compost. Begin feeding from April onwards as they begin actively growing.
7. If you stand still long enough, you may see the weeds growing. Make sure you remove them before it gets out of control.
9. Sow the half-hardy annuals and vegetable under cover or in the greenhouse to get ahead of the game. Just don’t be tempted to plant out later in the month if the weather is warmer. March can be very unpredictable.
10. If you have not already done so, prune your roses and mulch them with a decent layer of compost and some slow release food granules mixed in.