1. As this is effectively the coldest month of Winter, special care should be taken to protect the more tender plants from the severe cold weather. This can be done through heavy mulching for root protection and horticultural fleece for foliar protection.
2. The best lawn care that can be exercised is that of minimal wear and tear. The soil becomes saturated and with regular traffic, the grass gets damaged and will take longer to repair.
5. Prune soft fruit such as blackcurrants, redcurrants and gooseberries to encourage a productive network of branches.
6. Care for those resident birds by providing fresh water and keep the bird feeders topped up.
8. Continue removing faded flowers from Pansies and Violas to stop them from setting seed.
9. Use this time to clean your patio with a pressure washer or by brushing it off with a stiff broom.
10. Recycle and shred your Christmas tree (assuming its a real one) and add it to the compost heap.
We hope the year ahead is a fruitful year for you…